Heartbreak in a dating relationship can be a very painful thing.
It can cause you to act differently and it can push you to do and say things you normally wouldn’t. It can also cause you to forget and neglect the things that are most important to you, such as family, work, and ultimately your destiny.
Heartbreak can cause you to completely change, and lose hope of ever having a good relationship again.
While I think it’s important to take a break from dating if you’ve recently experienced heartbreak, I do think it’s possible to love again in the future.
I can say this with 100% confidence because I’ve had my heart broken numerous times; but when I took a break from relationships and learned to understand who I was, I found love and I have been married for over 16 years to the same man!
While we all will probably face heartbreak at some point in our lives, there are some things that you can beware of when dating. Below you will find 5 ways a relationship can cause you heartbreak.
If you can identify them then you can prevent yourself from experiencing another painful relationship.
1. Unmet expectations – Most women enter their relationships with hopes of being happy, safe, secure, and loved unconditionally. But when their expectations don’t line up with her boyfriend’s expectations this can cause conflict, disappointment, and even anger.
2. Betrayal – In most cases there is an expectation that her boyfriend will be faithful, but when he cheats it can be hurtful, especially if the woman has given herself sexually to him.
3. Circumstances – Life happens, whether it’s death, job loss, the person moving, or just an attitude change. When unexpected situations occur and you’re not prepared to deal with them, you can be tempted to become heartbroken, especially if this circumstance brings an end to the relationship.
4. Fear – This can lead to heartbreak because if you’re ready to take the next step and your significant other is not ready for a marriage commitment, this can hurt. If you’re not careful, you could allow him to string you along in the relationship for years, only to tell you that he no longer wants to be with you.
5. Not asking the right questions – Often when you’re in love and you want to believe the best in your boyfriend, it’s easy to avoid asking questions that are critical to a healthy relationship.
So you continue in the relationship, and when you find out some things that could be damaging to you and the relationship, you’re faced with a 2 choices:
• Try to work it out
• Walk away
Either way, you must make a decision. But it can be difficult, especially if you have shared so much with him physically, emotionally, sexually, and financially, already.
Often times we find ourselves heartbroken because we expect people to become so much to us. We tend to put pressure on people to become something they could never be. And then when they disappoint us we tend to believe that relationships are worthless.
But that’s not the case. Relationships can work if you learn how to work them.
Relationships take work, but there are some things you need to do in order for them to work effectively. If you want a good relationship, you must do your part.